1. This competition will be divided as follows: Grades K-1; Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5, and Grade 6 and Jr. High or Varsity. Teams will be divided as Mount and Non-Mount. Recreational squads must be affiliated with a rec organization and not an all-star gym.
2. Squad size must be at least 5 members. Ages/grades are to be averaged when squad is made up of multiple grade levels.
3. Each cheer squad will have 2:30 (two minutes and 30 seconds) to perform their routine. The routines can but are not required to include one cheer and one chant. Music portion must be at least 45 seconds but no more than 1:30 (one minute 30 seconds). Each dance team will have 2:30 minutes to perform their dance. Solo entries are limited to 2 minutes.
4. The only props permitted are poms, signs and megaphones.
5. In the event your routine is interrupted due to failure of Encore’s equipment, you will be permitted to restart from the beginning. In the event your routine is interrupted due to failure of your equipment, supplies or personnel, you may either continue from the point of interruption or withdraw from the competition. The director reserves the right to make appropriate decisions in special circumstances and that decision is final. In the event of withdrawal or an injury during a performance, fees will not be returned.
6. Timing will begin with the first movement, word or note of music, whichever occurs first. Timing will end with the last note of music, motion or word.
7. You will have a 42×42 foam floor on which to compete.
8. There will be a designated warm-up area for teams to practice before they compete.
9. You will not be assigned rooms or lockers. You need to arrive ready to compete.
10. Two coaches per team entered are admitted free of charge. There will be a coach’s registration table with the names of those coaches submitted on the registration form. ID may be requested. Coaches are not allowed to prompt or coach from the sideline. Penalties will be assessed.
11. Encore Cheer will not provide spotters nor be liable for any consequences of such. It is left up to the coach’s discretion to provide someone from their coaching staff to serve as spotters for their team.
12. There will be a toe-touch competition held prior to awards. Coaches may choose up to two girls from each squad to compete in each age group.
13. You must provide music on two cd’s (no cassettes). One person is required to assist audio technician as to when to start the music.
14. No jewelry, glitter or gum is permitted.
15. The first place winners of each regional will be given a full bid for the State Championship. First place winners from sponsored competitions (other than Encore) will receive a partial bid equal to 50% of the entry fees for the State Championship.
16. Judges’ decisions are final. No participants, coaches or spectators are permitted to approach the judges. All questions or indiscretions must be submitted in writing after the competition.
17. Videotaping is not permitted. A professional videographer will be taping at each event.
18. Sportsmanship will be strictly enforced. Should you or any member of your team(s) be found engaging in any unsportsmanlike conduct, the head coach will be issued a warning. Should further conduct pursue, that team will be issued penalty points. If misconduct continues, it will result in removal from the competition.
19. Each competitor will receive a custom medallion from Encore Cheer. Teams placing 1st will receive an individual trophy for each girl on the team. Teams placing 1st, 2nd and/or 3rd will receive a team trophy for display in their school or gym. Additional trophies may be purchased. The State Championship Competition 1st place team will be awarded a Championship Jacket for each team member. Additional jackets may be purchased.
20. Concessions will be available during the competition. No outside food permitted.
21. Admission to all events is $5.00 per person. Children under 5 are admitted free.
22. There will be no refunds of competition fees. In the event you cannot attend, you will be given credit to another competition within the same season.
It is our goal to provide a fun, competitive and safe environment for all participants. We employ quality judges and stand behind their fair, but strict judging procedures. Safety is a concern and we stress the coaches keep that in mind when choreographing routines. We look forward to seeing your talented performers and hope you have a positive experience with Encore Cheer of Ohio!